Surrogacy is a contract or agreement whereby a woman agrees to carry a pregnancy for A persons, who will become the newborn child’s parents after birth.
There are two types of surrogacy:
1. Traditional Surrogacy: When the surrogate mother is artificially inseminated with the sperm of the father. She then carries the child full term and delivers it for the couple. In this case, surrogate becomes the biological mother of the child.
2. Gestational Surrogacy: In this case, eggs from the mother are fertilized with the sperms of father and then the embryo is placed in the uterus of the surrogate. In this case, the biological mother is whose eggs are used while the surrogate is called as the birth mother of the child.
Why Couples Opt for Surrogacy?
• Infertility of both or any one of the parents.
• Age or health issues of the mother.
• Recurring miscarriages.
• It may also be a matter of choice to have a baby not conventionally, but by surrogacy.
What to Look for in a Surrogate Mother?
• The surrogate mother should be entirely trustworthy, responsible, and committed to seeing the pregnancy through to completion.
• She should be aware of the risks in pregnancy and particularly in surrogacy.
• A woman between the ages of 21-42 years is preferable for surrogacy.
• She should be in excellent health, should have given birth to a healthy child and knows all problems of pregnancy.
• She should be in pink of her mental health too.
• She should agree to remain smoke-free and alcohol-free throughout the pregnancy and also during the Pre-implantation period.
Surrogate mothers have given children to many babies and surrogacy has a world-wide success rate. It has been tested that 95% of the women actually get pregnant because of surrogacy. Rest 5% may not get pregnant because of the age issues or some health issues. It depends on the right choice of a surrogate mother. You should be very careful and observant while choosing a surrogate mother for your new-born. More than anything surrogacy has also become a trend for single people who want to have a baby. For example, Indian celebrity Tusshar Kapoor recently took the path of surrogacy and had his little one.
It is also advisable to choose a right clinic to carry out the process. The following are the features of a good fertility clinic:
• The fertility clinic should be affordable.
• Should have high success rate.
• Should use state-of-the-art proven technology for the treatments.
• Should have highly qualified and experienced doctors.
• Should carry a transparent process in terms of all documents, treatments, and everything.
• Should answer all your queries related to the process with any ado.
Surrogacy has become a blessing for all those parents who can’t have a baby naturally. It has also become a matter of luxury. It is also very important to choose the right surrogate and surrogacy clinic for you. If you are in Delhi you will find Best IVF Clinic in Delhi. Everyone can now have a baby!